Saturday, August 29, 2009

Damn unimaginative crab!! RAAAWWWWR

I'm ganna get straight into this rant because i feel like it.
WHAT IS IT WITH ALL THIS SUPERNATURAL, VAMPIRE CRAP! I am talking, of course, about the books that are out lately. It's probably just me but i seem to notice a lot of vampire/ romp books lately and i don't like it. Where's the love for the werewolves or the banshees or the ghosts?! There seem to be a lot of ones based on demons as well and i can't help thinking:

'Why? There are thousands of other mythical creatures out there and you decided, like a sheep in the crowd, to write a story about vampires and demons! Do some research and go against the crowd! Introduce a new creature to the mainstream! COME ON, BE A MAN!'

Don't get me wrong, i don't mind a good fang-bang book myself, but if gets a little repetitive after a time. Actually, it's more than that. I think it's more that i want to hear about something new. I want to feel like the author is sharing some magnificent discovery with me by opening up a world of a whole new supernatural interest. Does that sentence make sense? Probably not to you but it does to me.
Maybe i'm just not looking in the right places but, damn, mainstream really puts on the vampire.

...Yeah, that's probably it. I'm just not looking in the right places. I don't really want to look too hard though. Libraries scare me (lol, to think i wanted to become a librarian) and standing there reading a book in a bookstore to see if it's any good is a little uncomfortable.

...*sigh* I want to be able to write half decent stories. Then i could read a werewolf story that i like.
Brain: *looking at suspiciously*
me: yes, i like werewolves, you got a problem with that?!
brain: they're not like what you think, you know. not the real ones.
me: so? i can give it my own personal flair, can't i? not like anyone else is ganna read my mind.
brain: i'll never forget how excited you where when you found out there was a werewolf in that book you're reading.
me: hush!! he's a shapeshifter, there's a differences.
brain: you still squeed your lungs out-
me: shut up!
brain: you're blushing. Admit it, you've got the hots for werewolves!

me: and thus concludes this blog. hope you enjoyed that embarrassing look into my life. I'm ganna regret this one day, i just know it.
Look forward to doing it again sometime.

yours,
Ristro

No comments:

Post a Comment