Hey there guys.
Guess what!? I found most of my stories! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! *dances* Thank the Lord for mums and their obsessive compulsion to file things. Oh, and for usb sticks too! Both of them have saved my life and my sanity.
Back when i didn't have my laptop - i think it was back then - i put all my stories on the family computer, the master computer if you will. As mum does every now and then, she made a copy of aaallllllll the files on the computer. I didn't know it then but my stories were included in that 'aaaallll'. She dragged the cds up last night on a hunch and 'a-walla' there they were all shiny and like knew :D I was so happy and relieved and all that good stuff. They weren't the most recent ones but they were the majority of all the old good ones. She suggested i put them on the back up cds for my laptop AND on my usb, just in case.
This is where the 'oh and my usb stick too' comes in. I didn't have enough time to look for my usb stick that night and do all the fancy stuff. I've only just had time to fathom the act. it took me a while to look for my usb but when i plugged it into the computer, gees it was worth it. I opened the folder and what should be staring back at me but another folder reading 'stories'. At first i was a little confused - i don't remember putting it there - but when i opened it i almost jumped out of my chair, i was that excited. All the old stories AND most of the new ones too! Even the one that i'd finished!!!
I've since put them BACK on my laptop as well as on cd and usb...but now comes another dilemma. Do i have enough room with the stories AND sims 3? Should i delete my tales off this here laptop or should i leave them on and deal with even slower download time?... I know i could and i'd still have to stories in 2 other places but it's still worrying. What if i lose the cds and the usbstick
brain: then you'd be pretty screwed anyway. most of your life is on those disks.
me: you know what i mean. i don't think i could go through losing them again and keep my sanity.
brain: you could print them out too. that way you'd still have it in three places. You'd have to buy a new filing cabinet/something but if it makes you feel any better...
me: i might do that. even some of the cruddier ones might be worth it. you never know, printing them out and having them in my hands might give me a new line of prospective on them.
Hum, that's one i'm ganna have to sit on for a while.
Oh, and i don't have sims 3 yet either :(. I don't want to get it until i know if my laptop can take it/ i know i have enough money. I must be freeken insane!! i wants it so bad and yet i make myself wait even longer. I must love punishing myself or something. *sigh* i wants it.
i'll see you guys/ person later. now to get reading things and do other things, like getting ready for a party i'm goen to.
yours,
ristro :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think I have one of your stories in my room printed out. Though it's next to a story I would much rather pretend never happend, ever! Heh.
ReplyDeleteAny who, I'm very pleased for you.
P.S. We neeeeeeed to story our selfs, eh.
Oh snap! My Word verification for that post was "storte"
ReplyDeletehaha.